Requirements for Translators at kothes
- Translation into the native language (i.e. native speaker translations)
- A recognised university degree in Translation, in another discipline, and at least two-to-five years of proven professional Translation experience
- Experience with common translation memory tools (especially memoQ)
- A deep understanding of technical interrelationships
- Demonstrable experience in at least one of the following fields: Plant Engineering/Machine Building, Automotive, Medical Technology, Software
Jobs for Freelance Translators
We’re constantly on the lookout for experienced Technical Translators who can translate complex technical documents (including operating manuals, maintenance manuals, declarations of conformity and risk assessments) from German or English into their own native language.
You can expect long-term and partnership-based cooperation, helpful points of contact, reliable and fair pay, as well as interesting and varied translation activities.
We look forward to receiving your application
The kothes Translator Meeting has now become an established institution. Once per year, we meet with our regular Translators at various venues in Berlin. In addition to the general professional exchange, various lectures and training sessions address current topics that help the Translators in their day-to-day professional lives.
These often concern tips and tricks on how to more efficiently use translation memory systems or tweaks for translation quality, such as the latest terminology and quality measurement procedures. In addition, organisational information and process innovations are often found on the Agenda of Events.
Training for Translators
At the kothes academy, we offer practical training sessions for Freelance Translators.